Thursday, October 16, 2008

into the woods...


I took the opportunity to go to Wood Badge in August of this year. What an exciting time! Once you go and are "infected" with the scouting spirit, you'll never want to leave. Watch out, it's contagious!

Alan Hyer (my first counselor) came with me. Our first day of camp we were seperated into patrols, he an owl and I a FOX! We spent six days learning, playing, and experiencing scouting through all the families of scouting. More than anything else I learned, I feel now a greater desire to do my part to make a difference in the lives of the boys. That's what it's all about!

Now that it's all done, I have five ticket (or goals) that I am working on to earn my beads. As of right now, I have completed one of my tickets, two are underway, and two more left to do. I have hopes of one day being on staff at Wood Badge, so that I can pass along the same encouragement, leadership and excitement that was given to me. Until then...

Back to Gillwell, happy land! I'm going to work my ticket if I can!

Click here if you're interested in Wood Badge or just want more info...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey Jensens,

It's good to hear from you. What were the kids for Halloween?